- It is said, ” Do not regret getting older… Its a privilege denied to many”. As English singer, songwriter & actor David Bowie has said, “Aging is an extraordinary process, where you become the person you always should have been.”Life after 60, is as such a wonderful period. Free from responsibilities towards children, I can enjoy my grandchildren and re-live my childhood in their company. I spend more quality time with my spouse and my girl-pals; go for movies or dramas, coffee, outings, shopping or spend my spare time in some social work whenever & wherever I wish to. I am now more concerned about my health, but I still indulge in eating sinful junk food & chocolates now and then. I don’t care for an extra pound or two as at this age, one does not care about one’s weight or looks anymore. At my age, I am old enough to know better, young enough not to care & experienced enough to do it right. Now I don’t care what people say about me behind my back and I do not feel like getting into an argument, even though I may be right because at this age, I am too tired to get into pointless blah blah blah. The wrinkles on my face mean I have laughed, my grey hair says I have cared & the scars on my face or body mean I have lived.As long as I have a beautiful soul, I don’t fear death as one day we shall all die. Live for today.
- Harsha Mehta
- Ups and downs are a part of life which is like a huge sea ever dashing on the shores and keeping so much within. Divers dare, but never succeed in knowing what is hidden in the sea.
- All that happens, be it good or bad is beyond our control. Again, what seemed bad then, now in rethinking seems good. Funnily, that is life, so I shall learn to be inert willingly and stop reacting. I would rather be at my best in the worst scenario with the soothing thought that this day too shall pass.
- I love mixing with people who can laugh like a child and even if they quarrel, it is like two kids fighting, such that in a few moments they can laugh together. I am learning to stay away from people who make their own life a burden.
- I have also learnt to seal my lips when necessary. I won’t give opinions or argue when other people, however close to me are in a bad mood or temper.
- I regained hobbies which I had lost in the quest to earn a living.
- Lastly, I would love to overcome desires and expectations and lead a peaceful life.
* Sunil Shah